Thursday, March 13, 2008

Blogging: Why blog?

I've been organizing my thoughts regarding what direction this space should take, and of course "Why am I doing this?" has popped to mind.

As is often the case, this is partly as an outlet for self expression. Along with that, though, I hope that some of the ideas and projects I've got rolling around will become more concrete, to the point that I'll be able to polish them off in a less haphazard way.

I've been encouraged to start blogging for other reasons, too...I'd like to offer up my lessons learned, mostly in the "wonderful world of computers", in the hopes that it might save some people time and unecessary grief. If I can save someone some legwork in tracking down the cause of an aggravating problem, well, that's a good thing.

I hope that this will open the door for exchanging ideas and points of view with a broader audience. I'd like to learn what I can from other people's knowledge and experience, and hopefully can offer the same in return.

Lastly, I'd like to create a space where people feel comfortable coming not only for ideas and tech help, but to hang out and relax. To this end I'm working towards setting up a few daily features that I hope people will enjoy. In the not too distant future, keep your eyes open for regular sudoku puzzles, and mazes of varying difficulty. It's humble, but it's a beginning.

I'm open to suggestion. If you have a computer question or have an idea for a regular feature, let me know. Heck, if you have any sort of question at all, give it a shot -- no guarantees, but I'll do what I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment